Monday 7 February 2011

New Semester, New Ideas, New Winol!


Winol is back on after a long Christmas break which allowed us to refresh our minds and prepare for yet another exciting and hard working semester. Each of us have a different role, some of us have more than one role due to the lower number of people in the news room, as of course the 3rd years are now working on their final dissertation. This leaves us in charge of Winol, which I find extremely exciting!

I must admit I have never felt like such a geek before. The amount of excitement I went through after today’s de brief and all the meetings is incredible. I definitely feel strong and confident enough to execute and accomplish all the projects that I am setting for myself this semester. During the de brief today it was decided that Winol’s news agenda should move on from only around campus and within Winchester news to something bigger. The reporters are now going to produce packages which will include news from Winchester as well as from other places around it.

I am planning an ambitious semester this time. I am hoping to put even more effort into my work than last semester. I am a part of The Production Team and my main role is Director, which includes broadcasting anything recorded in the studio, such as weekly News Bulletin, Sports Week, What’s on in Winchester and any entertainment show we decide to produce. I will, of course, swap over with other members of the production team so everyone can have a go at everything. Other than that I have been asked to be a sub-editor because we are extremely short on them. I reckon subbing the articles could be fun and it shouldn’t be too difficult. I’ve known English grammar ever since I started learning English as a foreign language. I am also planning to produce a Winol Special new bulletin in Polish, for those many Polish people living in Hampshire as well as my family and friends from other parts of England. The plan for this has not been made yet but of course today was my first day back so I will have plenty of time to produce this show. I already have some basic ideas, I just need to sit down and put all of them on paper to get an outline of what I want to do. The last thing I am also involved in is still features. Every so often I am going to continue producing Challenge Justina features because like Chris said, it’s funny and quite affective. Therefore, my next feature is going to be based around having a budget again. I will try to get an accommodation with having just £300 a month, I will try to see how long I could stay in a very expensive place, then in a average flat and in a cheap place. Again, I hate to plan it properly to see what it’s going to look like.

Like I said before, it is going to be productive and affective semester and I am highly looking forward to it. We all know it is going to be tough but we are all prepared for it!

Also, here is the last feature I produced before Christmas. Enjoy!


Let the new term begin!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Justi So good to see you 'back on air', so to speak. I am bowled over with all you have to do, so pace yourself and stay calm, so as not to burn out. I look forward to trying to keep up. Think you have put InFerior Design on the room feature. Sorry. Nice update of blog, and new photo- makes you look rather different somehow, we all have many faces. Ok then, for now, bring it on, but with sub-titles if necessary for we lesser mortals who only have one language. Best love Cait XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back agan and I look forward to reading and seeing all that you will be doing this term..It is going to be an exciting and very busy one...
    Keep smiling and be happy,
    sybil

    ReplyDelete