Wednesday 23 February 2011

Winol Goes Polish- Special Edition

Like I promised a while ago, I started my new project on Monday morning. I decided to finally get around to do what I planned to since we started back after the long Christmas break. My project involved translating the last week's news bulletin to Polish. It went very very well but was extremely time consuming. Translating 11 minutes worth of pure speech took me 12 hours- That's how I spent the whole Monday. Surprisingly it wasn't as easy as I thought because, of course, the structure of sentences in Polish is completely different. Also thinking of appropriate and professional words was quite hard as I didn't want to make any legal issues. I was very pleased once I've had lots and lots of pages of Polish speech. I recorded the links in the studio on Tuesday morning- that would be why my eyes look so tiny! Then I only had to record the voice overs and put it all together. It came out very good. I think it looks and sounds possessional. I am extremely happy about it and I will definitely try to do more Polish bulletin in the future, especially that I received plenty of positive feedback from my lectures, friends, polish watchers and my parents. Presenting is such an incredible experience, I really do enjoy it :)

Unfortunately, I didn't put any subtitles but that's only because the Polish bulletin is a pure translation of the last week's Winol's news bulletin.

Still, hope you enjoy it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Justi What a lovely thing to come back to today and well done! I can fully appreciate the work involved and having to cover it all from each angle yourself. Fantastic and congratulations. It has come out very well and your confidence is high in your own language. I know that you can repeat this in English and will do - as the weeks go by. Polish does seem to be spoken more quickly than English, so maybe it will just need some slowing down and separating up words clearly. It makes me feel quite homesick for a Polish family talking around me! Stay confident, as I believe you have 'style' although of course, I admit to being biased! I am also pleased that your department gives you freedom to express yourself this way and keeps that most important of things, an open mind. Love ever Cait Of course the subtitles were not necessary here!

    ReplyDelete