Monday 30 January 2012

Magazine Journalism- My first Magazine Spread


This is my first ever attempt at magazine spreads. Very amateur, as I am just getting to know Fireworks and I have just learnt the very basics. What a highly enjoyable exercise though!
This semester we said goodbye to WINOL. Our new magazine module teaches us how to make professional spreads (definitely not like the one above) and write articles for specific magazines and target audience.
I never even once in my life thought about a glossy magazine career, but now I am thinking 'why not?'. Lets give it a go. Hope you like my cute little puppy :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, hello Justi, welcome back!!

    How lovely to hear again and see what your course challenges are. Winol was great, but time to move on and this new module is so interesting and widens up job possibilities so much, there are so many great publications. I think one of your Winol chat programme visitors said that she started out doing just this free lance work for a magaazine, and although my memory is not good she may still be with it. I am not sure exactly what a 'spread' means in its content, but the picture is lovely and the puppy sweet. I cannot access more, if there is more, clicking on the puppy doesn't do anything further. It looks very peaceful and of course, some happiness can be bought as with our treasured things, possibly that saying should be 'Money can't buy you Love!' I have always been interested in advertising which is probably below most people's dignity! I do not mean selling space, but formulating and then filming an idea. Some are fantasic! Good to know things are going on and in different directions. Good luck!! Love as ever Cait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justi On a lovely sunny March Monday morning just signing in to wonder whether you may post a 'Farwell' blog? It seems impossible that your 3 eventful years are coming to an end. I know that you have really enjoyed it all and will be sad that this incredible phase must end, yet another exciting one is due to start and if you give it your usual enthusiasm and devotion you will surely succeed in whatever comes next. As you know I will be following your progress devotedly and always on your side. I have really enjoyed following your blog here. May life return the joys you work to achieve and may problems be small and make you even stronger, YOU CAN DO IT. Time to fly fully now! Love Cait XXX

    ReplyDelete